Perch

They can be caught with a variety of methods, but the two best methods are perhaps float fishing and lure fishing.

Perch

Postby Barbel123 » 10 Oct 2009 19:37

Out for a couple of hours this afternoon in the Autumn sunshine with my quiver tip & some maggots for a change. First 5 fish were all different, Gudgeon, perch, roach, chub, bleak which again was a nice change. Ended up with a mixed bag, but the best bit was 2 Perch both about 1.5lb.I love big perch & think today has confirmed that they will be my tatget species when we are in the depths of winter & barbel are not playing, wait a minuite that sounds like now :lol: .
Hope some of you managed to catch a Barbel, I will be back after them next time.

Cheers

James
Barbel123

Re: Perch

Postby naselmike » 10 Oct 2009 22:38

i think i too am gonna have one or two perch sessions this winter. been noticing some very big ones in a few different areas now, whilst waiting for barbel to show! havent caught a good sized perch in years!
naselmike

Postby RICH PARSONS » 12 Dec 2009 19:03

Hi all,
I haven't been online or even out on the bank for a little while due to work but I'm planing a perch session next weekend but was after some advice on venues and methods.
Thanks in avance.

Rich
Ya know what I mean?
RICH PARSONS

Postby RICH PARSONS » 13 Dec 2009 10:56

I saw some big perch in the early season chasing fry but I never saw them in the same place again though I'm sure they are still there.
I was thinking of using small white fish as a dead bait under a medium sized chubber float or even popped off the bottom.
Fresh prawns are a bit like fresh crusty bread, you tell yourself your only going to eat the one but end up eating the hole lot :lol:

Rich
Ya know what I mean?
RICH PARSONS

Postby Barbel123 » 23 Dec 2009 14:11

Last day at work so on the internet ;) . Found Martin Bowlers site. It's great. Loads of video clips including a Perch attacking & eating a crayfish in one!!! Brilliant. Have a look over Christmas.

Cheers

James
Barbel123

Return to Perch