looking to join bathampton tab this year !

Recommendations etc.

looking to join bathampton tab this year !

Postby callaway » 16 Apr 2013 09:17

morning can anybody help, comming back to the river this year to fish for some whiskers, having fished the amalgamation a few years back, with some good success.now been told that certain stretches of the amalgamation controled waters will no longer be in on their tab, due to cost. ( SHAME )
so i was thinking of joining the Bathampton A.C, to fish claverton, but i have been told that this water has been hit by every anglers nightmare THE OTTER, and fish stock is well down ! is this true,!! would like to know is it worth joining ! ! OR SHOULD I STICK TO THE LAKES ! AND GET OLD AND GREY WAITING FOR A FISH TO BITE !!!
HELP REQUIRED rossco123*
callaway

Re: looking to join bathampton tab this year !

Postby Rob Harrison » 16 Apr 2013 19:22

Are there more stretches that Amalgamation have pulled out of then??! I knew about Freshford (Railway side) but didn't know of any others... Hope not - Although yet to renew my ticket...
...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy.
Rob Harrison
Site Admin

Postby Barbel123 » 16 Apr 2013 21:08

As Rob says, not aware of them dropping anything else other than freshford, but I will check before getting a new ticket for this season. Whatever club you go for deffinitly get back on the BA & bag yourself a Barbel ;)
Cheers
James
Barbel123

Postby barbeldave » 16 Apr 2013 21:47

According to the amalgamation website they havent pulled out of any more stretches,as James says definately get back on the Ba, theres still a few to be had tight lines.
Born to fish forced to work.
barbeldave

Postby callaway » 17 Apr 2013 07:24

thanks Rob, will have to dig abit more, and see which is the better option !
callaway

Postby callaway » 17 Apr 2013 07:27

thanks James ! still want to join ! after wait and see, may be a trip up their,and walk the bank,to see if any whiskers are showing.
callaway

Postby callaway » 22 Apr 2013 12:15

joined the amalgamation friday, had a chat with nick from kenysham angling, ! so saturday drove up to haydens field, and walked the whole strech,right up to avoncliff, river had plenty of colour in it, still abit high,with a fast flow, alot of debri at limpley stoke bridge,i.e small trees, not much showing in streamer weed, still to earley i suppose, but looking good for the season,. once the river drops back, i can see plenty of swims to have a go in, cant wait !!!!!
callaway

Postby runhunt » 24 Apr 2013 20:07

hi calloway, yes the swims all look good! and theres where the lesson endeth! :D :!:
paul
runhunt

Postby bushie69 » 25 Apr 2013 12:43

i am still unsure about joining the amalgamation this season.i might just stick to the wye and use the exchange tickets that my club have and fish the chippingham area and see how the season goes.
bushie69

Postby barbeldave » 25 Apr 2013 18:18

The way the barbel season went last year i think i will take up golf. :D
Born to fish forced to work.
barbeldave

Return to Rigs, Tackle, Clothing...