Bucket bag

Recommendations etc.

Bucket bag

Postby Jedd Hughes » 10 Jun 2010 19:00

Hi All

I bought the following today, its a Nash 10litre bucket holder, it can be used as a seat also. I have stripped down my kit to what I actually will need for a days fishing instead of taking almost every thing I own which I have been guilty of doing many times before. :lol:

I will be taking this and the quiver, job done ;)

Philip has also bought something similar but made by Trakker.

Best regards

Jedd

1651_1256739699_42886283.jpg
It was this big
Jedd Hughes
Avon Barbel Moderators

Re: Bucket bag

Postby bgit » 10 Jun 2010 19:56

Interesting about getting the kit slimmed down. I used to limit myself to a small game bag for all my kit (including bait) and think I fished better for it.
These days, I ask myself how many hooks am I actually going to use - leads, line, spools etc. and take it from there. I also ask myself how much kit I have actually lost in a worst session. Use a slightly bigger game bag by Scierra now, but have to carry a seat if I want one. Incidentally for short sessions one of those fold up tripod camping stools are quite good. If I want a 'top up' contingency I leave some reserves in the car.
Cheers
Bob
bgit

Postby Jedd Hughes » 10 Jun 2010 20:11

Hi Bob

I have joined the Christchurch angling club and will be concentrating my efforts on the Somerly estate which is huge, this is the main reason I have scaled down what I need because we will be roving around alot more than I do on the BA, and what I normally carry is just too heavy.

I have made up all my rigs which are stored on a small rig tube, and a small bag for bits and bobs.

The only problem with the Nash bag is the seat is not padded, but my girlfriend is in the process of knocking something up to velcro onto the lid of the bucket.

In the summer a seat is not really vital anyway, I am quite happy to sit/lay on the grass.

Best regards

Jedd
It was this big
Jedd Hughes
Avon Barbel Moderators

Postby bgit » 11 Jun 2010 20:34

Nice looking bag Nigel.
I've also used trout/game belt bag - this one features a fold down 'shelf '- this bag has surprisingly lots of room.
This is the belt bag closed.
And with the 'shelf' opened.
My regular bag is also made by Scierra - picture below:

Cheers
Bob
bgit

Return to Rigs, Tackle, Clothing...