Elips

Which boilie, pellet or meat would you recommend to others?

Re: Elips

Postby richp » 08 Feb 2009 19:41

Rich - Have ye had any probs with eels while using lampery paste ? never heard of that might give it a go next season... ;)[/quote]

Mooks - no problems so far. Only had problems with eels (well, caught one) using luncheon meat.

Cheer, Rich
Cheers, Rich
richp

Postby pete the meat » 17 Feb 2009 20:41

iv been trying the teme severn lampray hooker pellets same shape as elips and sizes with lamprey flavour
worked well on middle severn for me last season well worth a try :idea:
pete the meat

Postby Jedd Hughes » 17 Feb 2009 21:06

Hi Pete

You should have a PM from me, let me know if you got it if not I will resend.

Cheers

Jedd
It was this big
Jedd Hughes
Avon Barbel Moderators

Postby Mooks » 04 Mar 2009 10:48

:)

Just ordered some lampery paste from Teme valley ...just when l thought great...l realised theres a winter version...in the words of homer...DOH !!!!
Having a bash on the River Dearne this Sunday my first trip since the move just hope this cooler weather hasnt put the barbs off !!!
All l want is a bite !!! 3 trips now to Don Tidal Trent and a pike sess...nowt...keep plugging away though..
Have some new mates to fish with so thats a plus !!!

Cheers...heres to my first wrap round !!! :D
Mooks

Postby Thomas_Covenant » 04 Mar 2009 17:31

I use a boillie on the hair with a little bit of pellet mash wrapped around it and a bit of pellet mash wrapped around the lead.

The pellets i use for my mash are Teme Severn Mini Mix pellets, there are several type of pellet within the mix, once scalded they produce a good mash with plenty of different smells and flavours leaking out and a healthy flow of 'bits' flowing down the current. I dont find the need to add anything else to the mash although i do occasionally mix a few boillies and a few larger pellets in with it just to add a bit more attraction.

Are pellets that much different too each other?, i was once told that there are only a few pellet manufacturers that pretty much supply all the bait company's with pellets only they are in different bags.................not sure how true that is but it makes some sort of sense.
Waiting for my next bite!

my blog
Thomas_Covenant

Postby Rob Harrison » 04 Mar 2009 23:13

I have found some brands of elips hard to find recently (low on stock etc) and on asking questions, was told that its something to do with how they are produced is becoming increasingly difficult (I think the cost not the process)... So expect a price rise next season.
...of all the liars among mankind, the fisherman is the most trustworthy.
Rob Harrison
Site Admin

Postby Jedd Hughes » 18 Jun 2009 19:31

Hi All

I will always have a pot of elipse in the bag. Was out yesterday and the day before and only managed chub on my boilie, I then swapped to a single large elipse and 5minutes later the rod wrapped around and a barbel had taken it.

Great bait.

Jedd
It was this big
Jedd Hughes
Avon Barbel Moderators

Postby Thomas_Covenant » 27 Jul 2009 20:40

Have a look at the Teme Severn range of pellets............... they are pretty good.
Waiting for my next bite!

my blog
Thomas_Covenant

Postby Barbel123 » 23 Jul 2011 19:23

"Regular users may notice that this season Elips Pellets are slightly lighter in colour. This is because the fishmeal used in the production is a natural ingredient and due to global fishing quotas contains a higher percentage of white fish than in previous years. The oil content remains unchanged but the slight difference in colour is unfortunately unavoidable. This in no way affects the quality of the pellet which continues to catch fish after fish. "

Just coppied this from Hinders site ;) It will still catch you fish after fish Nige :lol:

Cheers
James
Barbel123

Previous

Return to Baits