Bait or location

Which boilie, pellet or meat would you recommend to others?

Bait or location

Postby Jedd Hughes » 07 May 2009 20:33

Hi all

I thought I would add this to the bait section. There are so many baits now on the market, claiming to be the next wonder bait but I truly believe that if you locate fish and are quiet as not to spook them you should catch no matter what you use.

What do you think?

Jedd
It was this big
Jedd Hughes
Avon Barbel Moderators

Re: Bait or location

Postby Jedd Hughes » 12 May 2009 21:04

Thanks for the replies chaps

I have been out and about trying to locate fish and we have found some including one good shoal. I have also been watching the barbel DVDs and reading various books and they all basically state that if you want to catch consistently and not blow the swims you do need to draw the fish from where they live. So in that respect I can appreciate the need for a bait with good attracting values.

I am confident in the bait that I am going to use this coming campaign but just wish I could find a few more decent groups of fish to extend my swim options. I fish a good few swims which I know produce but to be honest they are no secret and everybody else knows they produce.

I intend to continue walking the banks over the coming weeks and who knows I just may find what I am looking for. A swim that looks its never been fished with those familar shadows and flashes between the weeds :D

Regards

Jedd
It was this big
Jedd Hughes
Avon Barbel Moderators

Re: Bait or location

Postby Thomas_Covenant » 13 May 2009 06:20

Jedd, if you find the fish and have a decent bait then my advise too you would be not too put too much in.

If you are luck enough to have a fish or two from a swim, rather than empty the swim of all its inhabitants move too a new swim and give the fish time to "forget" the bait they where just caught on, this may give you bait a few good seasons before it "blows"
Waiting for my next bite!

my blog
Thomas_Covenant

Return to Baits