Hemp

Which boilie, pellet or meat would you recommend to others?

Hemp

Postby Jedd Hughes » 09 Jun 2010 18:36

Hi all

I know this type of thread has possibly been done many times but I still do not know the best way to prepare hemp.

I have also always just boiled it up, if anybody has any tips I would appreciate it.

Best regards

Jedd
It was this big
Jedd Hughes
Avon Barbel Moderators

Re: Hemp

Postby Barbel123 » 09 Jun 2010 19:01

Hi Jedd, I only tend to use small amounts of hemp so I fill a thermos flask about 2/3 with hemp, fill with cold water & leave for 24hrs. I then drain off the water & fill back up with boiling water & come the next day the hemp is cooked & the water can be mixed with groundbait ;) . On a larger scale I would say soak for 24hrs, bring to boil on hob & then put in a large bucket with a tight lid for same results. Good luck.
Cheers
James
Barbel123

Postby Jedd Hughes » 09 Jun 2010 19:33

Thanks mate

And good luck for the new season, hope to meet you for a chat or two on the bank, you know where I usually am :D

Jedd
It was this big
Jedd Hughes
Avon Barbel Moderators

Postby bgit » 10 Jun 2010 16:21

Another method is to use a slow cooker - fairly cheap from say Argos. Bung the hemp in and slow cook for hours - works for me and very convenient. Tend to add a little bit of hemp oil and just to be different a splash of Betalin (Talin) - I've found this very effective.
Cheers
Bob
bgit

Postby mark walters » 10 Jun 2010 16:52

I find it easier just to buy it prepared ;) Theres actually not alot of difference in price now between dry and prepared
mark walters

Postby Jedd Hughes » 10 Jun 2010 18:50

Thanks for the advice Bob and Mark,

I am sure I have an old slow cooker in the loft, I used to use it when I lived on my own, turned it on before I left for work and when I returned home a lovely stew was ready to go. ;)

I will go and search it out.

Jedd
It was this big
Jedd Hughes
Avon Barbel Moderators

Return to Baits