Pellets or Boilies?

Which boilie, pellet or meat would you recommend to others?

Pellets or Boilies?

Postby paulx » 17 Dec 2010 21:23

I've always used halibut or elips pellets for most of my barbel fishing (in the summer anyway), but I've just watched the summer edition of 'Up close and personal' and Stuart Morgan suggests that boilies have the edge over pellets for him. I guess they're essentially the same in many ways- any thoughts chaps? For anyone who hasn't seen it, the DVD is really interesting, and much of it shot on the BA.
"Oh Mr Crabtree, how it pulls"
paulx

Re: Pellets or Boilies?

Postby Barbel123 » 18 Dec 2010 10:32

Hi Paul, I use both pellets & boilies & to be honest I don't think it really makes any difference. I only fish short 3-4 hour sessions once a week in the winter & twice a week in the summer & take a mobile aproch, so for me it is just a case of trying to find them & if I do find them & they are feeding I believe there will be no difference if I have a pellet or boilie on the hook.
If you were going to be doing a big campain on one stretch then it might worth investing in a few kg of boilies & getting the fish to see them as part of their diet.
A big part of bait is confidence, so stick with what you believe in ;)
Cheers
James (Off sledging :D )
Barbel123

Postby RICH PARSONS » 18 Dec 2010 12:08

Hi Paul,
I also use both baits and the main difference I find is that boillies tend to separate the better fish.
This is not 100% and is just my thought on the subject.

Rich
Ya know what I mean?
RICH PARSONS

Postby notanotherbream » 26 Jul 2011 04:09

I use Freezer boilies 90% of the time , never even had a sniff on cheaper dried ones . I find it's the most effective Bait for specifically targeting Barbel.
notanotherbream

Return to Baits