River Chub

The Chub can be found in most of the UK's rivers and more recently in stillwaters where it is being stocked. It is a predatory fish and tends to live together in shoals, larger specimens tending to become solitary.

Re: River Chub

Postby RICH PARSONS » 21 Feb 2010 21:46

Cheers Nigel,
The guy who took the photo thought I was wasting his time when I said I had a chub, then he saw it and just grinned.
There where a lot of 2lbers at that venue, even in the summer they made life hard lot@s of minnows too getting at your bait let alone a barbel.

Rich
Ya know what I mean?
RICH PARSONS

Postby runhunt » 08 Mar 2010 17:48

hi all went chubbing for a change to a 'brook' and had a nightmare!
first cast trout on.... went mad tailwalking etc than bit me off.
2nd cast chub 2lb
3rd cast bream, got it up then slipped hook!
4th cast chub on, then off.
5th cast chub on got to net, then buried the hook in the net and off.. ARRRRRGH
then no bites for an hour and half. then had two more 2lb chub in two casts, the water then dropped, sluice gate! and that was that, if i hadnt have cocked up would have had a lovely net full !! bl@@@dy fish
regards paul
runhunt

Postby runhunt » 16 Mar 2010 21:09

well, went back on the brook on saturday and very slow, i had 7 bites and six fish. 5xchub all between 1.5lb-2.5lb and a cracking 1.5lb brownie that was beautifully marked. my wife swore at me as i didnt take it home for the pot, but couldnt bring myself to get the priest out. i did hook the other bite but the hooklength broke, down to duffy knot rather than the fish tho' me thinks.
also went on sunday for chub, on a little river but had no joy, a couple of gudgeon saved my blushes... aint sorry to see the back of this season........
paul
runhunt

Postby chubgod » 22 Mar 2010 21:22

Martin,
I have watched them try to shed the hook, as I had been playing one under my feet it tried to shed the hook by biting into the vegetation crafty git. This one did not manage it though 6-13 on the final day trotting maggot under Lampards nose and on his rod (nice) :DImage
chubgod

Postby runhunt » 08 Apr 2010 21:01

sorry chubgod didnt noice the weight of your chub, wow nice fish. i bet that wasnt on the BA was it? possibley a dorset river me thinks anyway congrats, thats a few ounces over my pb and looked a cracking fish to end on. well done you
regards paul.
runhunt

Postby chubgod » 27 Apr 2010 09:36

Hi Paul
Sorry for the late reply, been stuck in Florida following the volcano, I suppose there are worse places to have been stuck and the fishing was good. The chub was 6-13 and came from the D Stour
chubgod

Postby RICH PARSONS » 27 Jun 2010 09:23

Hi all,
Its only the start of the season and all ready larg chub seem to be about and have there heads down!
I have had four chub the smallest was a pound the largest was 4lb 5oz with another one of the same stock.
Last season I don't think I had a decent chub intill at least the end of August so I'm pretty chuffed there on the much there giving me the confidence that I wont blank even if boris dosen't want to play!

Rich
Ya know what I mean?
RICH PARSONS

Postby Jedd Hughes » 15 Jul 2010 05:41

Hi All
Here's a picture of my new PB Chub of 6lbs 4ozs from the Hampshire Avon Yesterday. :)

Drive back home over the Moon with that one. :D

Regards

Jedd
It was this big
Jedd Hughes
Avon Barbel Moderators

Postby RICH PARSONS » 15 Jul 2010 06:16

Hi Jedd,
That is one hell of a chub there mate, if only all chub were built like that!
Well done mate if theres one that big now then there has to be a good 7lber in there come the winter.

Rich
Ya know what I mean?
RICH PARSONS

Postby barbelbloke » 15 Jul 2010 06:19

That's a real clonker of a chub, nice one jedd, more than makes up for no barbel on the day :D
barbelbloke

PreviousNext

Return to Chub