eel anglers

Some details of eel reproduction are as yet unknown, and the discovery of major eel spawning grounds in the Sargasso Sea is one of the more famous anecdotes in the history of Ichthyology.

eel anglers

Postby soupdragon » 21 May 2009 22:27

any keen eel anglers visit the site ? :lol:
soupdragon

Re: eel anglers

Postby soupdragon » 22 May 2009 22:03

mick bowles ! theres a name from the past , one of the funniest talk ever given at the old nasa conferences was one i saw given by him :lol: absolute hoot , you are right about js brillant angler pike or eels , spend all my summers eeling had them to 6lb 8ozs really have been obsessed with them for years , would love a seven or bigger ! you just never know thats what keeps me going thro the blanks , plus they dont have names ;)
soupdragon

Postby Mooks » 23 May 2009 13:34

:)

Yeah used to dabble for eels myself l fished elvington lake near York which is home to some real whackers 8 + tried for 2 days without such as a hint of a eel...
More lobs than a wormery were taken but to no avail...
Had joined the N.A.C still have there sweatshirt with Mooks on it of course...biggest eel lve managed was 3lb 9oz caught while fishing for chub with mussels as bait...great fight...

Cheers...shame there on the decline !!!
Mooks

Postby soupdragon » 24 May 2009 20:18

funny you should mention recaptures ! never gave them much credence before like so many , for the last couple of years have been fishing a large gravel pit in the company of a well known angler , no names for various reasons but lovely bloke and brillant angler :) has caught the same eel twice at over six pounds !!!, thats the theory of eels not getting caught again shot down in flames :lol: those nasa do,s were a scene of degradation were they not ??? got to fish some good waters off those meetings :lol:
soupdragon

Postby paul y » 12 Aug 2011 08:10

hi soupdragon,
im not a huge fan of eels (leaving my eel targets till last as im not a fan!) if your looking for big eels in a water with huge potential then you should consider bristol docks, its a massive expanse of water averaging twelve foot deep, fed by the ba through the feeder canal empties into the ba, both locks are are in tidal water and once fish are in the docks its hard for them to get out.
its only ever fished by pole anglers and noddys and ive personally had some big pike and carp from the water and stopped piking there because of eels picking up deadbaits.
it is begging for the attentions of some quality eels anglers fishing there is free although a bit awkward from walls but well worth it. pm for more specific details if your interested
paul y

Return to Freshwater Eel