Pallatrax 'STONZE'; a review

Recommendations etc.

Re: Pallatrax 'STONZE'; a review

Postby bgit » 26 Jan 2011 10:14

If you are fishing small rivers and don't beachcast the things out then glueing is fine.
Get some american snap swivels - the ones with a blade shield and using epoxy just glue it on.
Works a treat.
Ther are other tricks.
Unless you have a water cooled diamond bit then drilling is difficult. Ask a dentist to drill them.......

Cheers
Bob
bgit

Postby elnino » 26 Jan 2011 19:29

Water cooled diamond edge porcellin tile drill should do it I really must try when I get round to it !! they drill rock hard tiles fine
a pillar drill would prob make it easier though ;)
elnino

Postby peterstone » 27 Jan 2011 16:28

I do make my own stone weights, a 3mm masonary drill bit and a size 8 mustad sea swivel with one loop snapped off does the trick. Clamp the pebble in between two peices of wood for a good grip.
I understand where some people are coming from about it being impossible, you have to select the right pebble. Unfortunatly the denser pebbles are the hardest.
The beauty of it is being able to loose the weight every time, no getting caught on rocks or weeds, and it really costs next to nothing.
peterstone

Postby Gadgetman » 28 Jan 2011 00:28

Hi all

Has anyone seen or used the new weights that have been camouflaged with artificial weed? I spotted them in Nicks shop last summer and must say I was quite impressed with the product but not with the price which, from memory, was over three quid each. I seem to remember that there was also a weed camouflaged leader as well.

Cheers Pete
"When you leave the river, leave nothing, only footprints...!!!"
Gadgetman

Postby RICH PARSONS » 28 Jan 2011 04:17

Hi all,
Pete, I saw these myself in Woodley tacklebox and by all accounts the were flying off out the shop as the fish on a local lake had responded to the system very well.
I chuckeled to my self and got more stonze, though I remember doing the same thing with those a few years back till some one gave me one to try so I'm open to most things. Having said that I think you'd need to use a pretty long hooklength as the flow would could make the "weed" move in the baits general direction masking or even tangaling the hole rig especially if braid is used.

Rich
Ya know what I mean?
RICH PARSONS

Postby Gadgetman » 28 Jan 2011 12:05

Hi Rich

I dont know whether there is more than one brand on the market, but the ones I saw looked extremely realistic and the fronds of "weed", although of differing lengths. were no more than 2 inches long and quite dense. I might invest in a couple as they could give me an edge in the easy access, and therefore hammered, swims that I fish. I'll try them in the summer and keep you posted on my success rate(or not ).

Cheers Pete
Gadgetman

Postby Gadgetman » 30 Jan 2011 17:48

Since the post above, I've found out that they also do a similarly camouflaged hook link as well.
Has anyone else seen these or even used them? .....I'd be interested to have your comments before I take the risk and buy some :roll: :)

Cheers Pete
Gadgetman

Previous

Return to Rigs, Tackle, Clothing...