Just taking a dig........and Stalking

Why not create your own article here...
Forum rules
Any fishing related articles that you feel would be of interest to other posters please feel free to add here.
(Articles will be left "open to comment", unless it is requested to be locked)

Re: Just taking a dig

Postby Thomas_Covenant » 18 Apr 2009 19:32

I started to touch ledger a couple of seasons ago and i could not believe that i was missing so much action. With the rod sitting in the rest the tip was motionless most of the time but put a loop of line through your fingers and you can feel every little touch to your bait.

I sat touch ledgering one evening when i felt a slight trembling of the line, i hit it probably the biggest fish i have ever hit into, the hook eventually straightened and i lost a very big fish................. would the big have developed into a four foot twitch, i dont think so!

I have had some good fish through touch ledgering in the past couple of seasons, i dont think i would have had half of the fish i caught if i had not have felt them throught the line.

I do not sit and watch a motionless tip any more, i always touch ledger.
Waiting for my next bite!

my blog
Thomas_Covenant

Re: Just taking a dig........and Stalking

Postby Jedd Hughes » 12 Aug 2010 21:56

Hi Chaps

I am also going to continue touch ledgering as a method, I tried it towards the end of last season and also could not believe what you can feel through the braid when the rod tip almost appears to stay static. Also I would imagine you can relax a little more instead of being transfixed to the isotope.

I have struck a few of what I used to think were chub knocks and as stated previously hooked into barbel. My biggest fish was a very slight movement on the rod tip, it only moved approx 4inches then dropped back. looking forward to also stalking especially if we get a good summer.

Regards

Jedd
It was this big
Jedd Hughes
Avon Barbel Moderators

Return to Articles